Communication & Performing Arts Festival
We hope that you join us for the annual Racine County 4-H Communication & Performing Arts Festival!
2020 Theme: “SPARK IN THE HEART”
Creativity, imagination and new beginnings are often associated with the word, “spark.” This year’s theme, “Spark in the Heart,” connects these ideas to the 4-H pledge and 4-Her’s personal commitment. Each class features an entry related to this theme. You can write, talk, draw, create or enter photographs based on your interpretation of what this theme means to you. Use your communication skills to showcase this theme and what it means to you.
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 1-5 p.m.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, March 2, 2020, by 4:30 PM to the Racine County Extension Office in Burlington. Creative Writing and Poster entries are also due at this time. No late entries will be accepted.
- There’s something for everyone! Categories include creating writing/essay, demonstrations, photography, creative art, performing arts, speaking, posters and computers.
- The festival is fun, has a relaxed atmosphere, and provides a great place to practice and receive feedback.
- The Festival is free event. All ages of 4-H members are welcome to participate, including those in the Cloverbud project (K5-2nd). Invite your family and friends to watch.
- This is a great way to get a head start on fair projects.
- Cash awards, certificates and ribbons are given out at the conclusion of the festival.
- Refreshments will be available to purchase.
Do you want to know what you will be judged on? View the Critique Sheets:
- Computer Critique Sheet
- Demonstration Critique Sheet
- Dramatic Reading Critique Sheet
- Essay Critique Sheet
- Performing Arts Critique Sheet
- Poetry Critique Sheet
- Poster Contest Guidelines and Poster Critique Sheet
- Public Service Announcement Critique Sheet
- Speaking Critique Sheet
- Short Story Critique Sheet
- Creative Arts Critique Sheet
- Photography Critique Sheet
The Arts and Communications project covers a large variety of activities that help youth learn to express themselves in a variety of ways, including speeches, written communication, dance, music, and drama in 4-H performing arts.
Clowning- projects may include: costume and make-up, skits, gags, posters, make-up kit, and balloon art
Drama- projects may include: costumes, video of a performance, and creating a script
Drawing and Painting
Home Environment- projects include anything that decorates the home
Knitting and Crocheting
Music- projects may include: posters on instruments, composers, or musical notation, performaces recorded on a CD or DVD, and scrapbook of musical performance opportunities
Puppetry- projects may include: hand puppets, marionettes, and plays
Speaking and Demonstrations
Special Design- projects may include: cloth designs, jewelry/medal work, paperart, nature art, sculptures, 3-D pictures, and stitchery
Check out the National 4-H Curriculum and online pieces for more information on your project.
Tim Tallen- June Arts Update