Racine Kenosha FoodWIse offers classes to improve your health and the health of your family members. Sessions are fun and hands on! To learn how you or your organization can receive FREE programs, visit the Racine Kenosha FoodWIse website or call 262.635.6824.
- UW-Extension Nutrition Education Resources
- Weight and Health – weight related data for Wisconsin
- USDA Food and Nutrition
- Nutrition.gov – online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers including MyPlate, dietary guidelines and more
- USDA’s Food and Nutrition Services– provides children and low-income people access to food, a healthful diet, and nutrition education
- Choosemyplate.gov– resources for children and adults
Tips on Canned and Frozen Produce- watch this video to see how you can choose healthier canned and frozen fruits and vegetables. Check out these other informative videos from the American Dietetic Association.
Understanding Food Labels
- FDA Understanding Nutrition Labels
- FDA Nutrition Information for Foods with downloadable and printable posters
- Health Claims Demystified
CSI (Calorie Scene Investigation)- learn what is really meant by a calorie in relationship to serving size. You can also view the entire 30 minute The Food Label and You video.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Healthy Wisconsin People
- How does Sunscreen Work?- the FDA explains why the sun is damaging and encourages the use of sunscreen in this educational video
- The FDA has new labeling requirements. Do you know the difference between UVA and UVB or the difference between SPF and Broad Spectrum? Watch this video to find out.
- UW Food Safety and Health
- Meat and Poultry Hotline
- The FDA’s 7 Tips for Cleaning Vegetables
- FDA’s Recall Home Page