Due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak and guidelines from Wisconsin Department of Health Services, UW-Madison, and federal agencies, our office will have limited availability and access.
Our staff are working remotely and many of our programs have been postponed or are being held via video conference. Call 262-767-2929 or email Extension@racinecounty.com for more information.
Extension Responds to COVID-19
- Extension’s resources for COVID-19 – Resources for health & wellness, personal finance, agriculture, youth, families, and communities
- Call 211 for referrals to resources or visit https://www.impactinc.org/
Racine County Government Resources
- Racine County COVID-19 Response Hub for local up-to-date information related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Racine County Human Services – How to access and apply for assistance during COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Food Resource List to view local information of food resources. The listing is being updated daily by Extension Racine/Kenosha County FoodWIse team members.
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19 provides frequently asked questions related to some common financial challenges as a result of COVID-19 (developed by UW-Madison Division of Extension).
- Tools to cope with the financial impact of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Child Care Resources provides information to help essential workers, providers, and families find child care (Source: Wisconsin Dept. of Children and Families)
- Racine County Family Resources –This online resource helps families and youth search for health information and resources on topics related to children and families. In addition, it provides information on local services as well as up-to-date information on a variety of health issues.
- The Center for Suicide Awareness is available for assistance. Text HOPELINE to 741741 on mobile devices for immediate help.
- The NAMI of Wisconsin Family & Consumer Resource Guide is for people living with mental illness and their families. It provides an overview of available resources related to mental health, as well as guidance for difficult situations.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Guidance on COVID-19 from the CDC
Other Extension Resources
- Learning Resources – Extension’s page of fun, hands-on learning that families can complete together at home. Activities, resources, and information are provided by grade level.