Natural Resource Education
Andy Yensha, Natural Resources Educator, focuses on the Root-Pike River Basin and Southeast Fox River Basin in Racine County, and is headquartered at the Milwaukee County UW-Extension Office.
Racine County Smart Growth Plan – Multi-Jurisdictional Comprehensive Plan
UW-Extension helped facilitate the Racine County multi-jurisdictional comprehensive planning process. All local communities worked with Racine County Public Works and Development Services Department, the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC), and UW-Extension to prepare a plan to guide the County towards a vibrant, healthy, economically and environmentally sustainable future.
- Applied Population Lab – applied demography and small area population estimation and projections
- Census Fact Finder – Your source for population, housing, economic and geographic data.
- Wisconsin Department of Administration Demographic Service Center – annual estimates and future projections of the population for all Wisconsin towns, villages, and cities
- US Census Bureau – Racine County
- Wisconsin Dept of Health Services, Racine County Stats
- WisStat – WisStat is an interactive information retrieval system that contains thousands of demographic and economic variables for the state of Wisconsin, its counties and municipalities.
Local Governmental Education
- Racine County Government
- Local Government Center (UW-Extension) – The mission of the Local Government Center is to provide focus, coordination, and leadership to UW System educational programs for local government, and to expand the research and knowledge base for local government education.
- Wisconsin Towns Association – Wisconsin Towns Association (WTA) is committed to protecting the interests of the state’s 1,266 towns and improving town government through: education, information, consultation, and advocacy.
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- Wisconsin Counties Association
Community & Economic Development
- Racine County Economic Development Corporation
- Racine County Workforce Development Center
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Centers
- Wisconsin Economic Development Portal
- EPA: My Enviroment – a powerful new web-based tool that provides a wide range of federal, state, and local information about environmental conditions and features in an area of your choice. This application is provided by U.S. EPA in partnership with federal, state and local government and other organizations.
- Household Hazardous Waste & Recycling Information for Racine and Kenosha
- L-THIA Impacts of Land Use Change on Water Resources – An online tool developed by Purdue University to provide a quick, accessible tool to use in assessing the long-term impacts of land use change. This site suitability analysis tool makes use only of information that is readily available from municipal databases.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR)
- Wisconsin Chapter, Sierra Club