Racine County is currently accepting nominations for student participants in the Racine County Youth in Governance program. Consider nominating a youth for an opportunity where they can contribute their voice to community issues and concerns and develop their confidence, independence, leadership skills, and civic knowledge while serving on one of five County Board committees for an entire year.
To participate in Youth in Governance, students must:
- Be a Racine County resident;
- Be a high school freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of application;
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale;
- Be able to attend the monthly meetings, typically occurring once or twice per month;
- Be able to attend the orientation in April, mentor/mentee meeting in May, and the two bus tours of Racine County departments in June.
Nominations must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2023. To nominate a youth online, please visit: https://forms.gle/fxt9daLX5uG2hTTj8
All youth who are nominated will receive a letter and application materials.
Please contact Extension Racine County at (262)767-2929 or Maria Gaytan-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.