Professionals often hear from families that Child Support and Family Court are confusing and frustrating. As a result, the Greater Racine Collaborative for Healthy Birth Outcomes and UW-Madison Division of Extension Racine County convened a panel on child support in Racine County to help dispel some of the common misconceptions.
A Child Support and Family Court FAQ is scheduled for Wednesday, March 11, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. at the Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency, 2113 North Wisconsin St, Racine.
The FAQ is designed for professionals who work with families and will answer questions such as:
- What exactly is the difference between custody and placement in Wisconsin?
- If two unmarried people have a baby, do they have to go to court to get paternity and child support established?
- What if a mother won’t let the father see his child – does this end his obligation to pay child support?
- When a parent re-marries does his/her new spouse’s income get included for calculating child support?
- What is the best way to get accurate information about child support and family court?
Participants will walk through Child Support scenarios: paternity and support establishment, child support enforcement, and modification of child support, custody, and placement. After the scenarios, a Child Support and Family Court panel will offer top tips and answer questions:
- Lorene Mozinski, Racine County Family Court Commissioner
- Jeff Leggett, Director, Racine County Office of Child Support Services
- Julie Busch, Paternity Team Supervisor, Racine County Office of Child Support Services
- Denise Price, Children First Case Manager, Racine County Workforce Solutions
- Kelly Kosloske, Economic Support Supervisor, Racine County Human Services
- Van Carson, Coordinator, Focus on Fathers Initiative, George Bray Neighborhood YMCA
- Krista Kennedy, ELEVATE Coordinator, Racine County Workforce Solutions
The registration deadline is March 5. For more information or to request special accommodations, contact Extension Racine County at 262-767-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for Child Support & Family Court go to: https://forms.gle/f8ueMjxpvZDWLuWNA