Child Support & Family Court FAQ on March 11, 2020

Professionals often hear from families that Child Support and Family Court are confusing and frustrating. As a result, the Greater Racine Collaborative for Healthy Birth Outcomes and UW-Madison Division of Extension Racine County convened a panel on child support in Racine County to help dispel some of the common misconceptions.

A Child Support and Family Court FAQ is scheduled for Wednesday, March 11, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. at the Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency, 2113 North Wisconsin St, Racine.

The FAQ is designed for professionals who work with families and will answer questions such as:

  • What exactly is the difference between custody and placement in Wisconsin?
  • If two unmarried people have a baby, do they have to go to court to get paternity and child support established?
  • What if a mother won’t let the father see his child – does this end his obligation to pay child support?
  • When a parent re-marries does his/her new spouse’s income get included for calculating child support?
  • What is the best way to get accurate information about child support and family court?

Participants will walk through Child Support scenarios: paternity and support establishment, child support enforcement, and modification of child support, custody, and placement.  After the scenarios, a Child Support and Family Court panel will offer top tips and answer questions:

  • Lorene Mozinski, Racine County Family Court Commissioner
  • Jeff Leggett, Director, Racine County Office of Child Support Services
  • Julie Busch, Paternity Team Supervisor, Racine County Office of Child Support Services
  • Denise Price, Children First Case Manager, Racine County Workforce Solutions
  • Kelly Kosloske, Economic Support Supervisor, Racine County Human Services
  • Van Carson, Coordinator,  Focus on Fathers Initiative, George Bray Neighborhood YMCA
  • Krista Kennedy, ELEVATE Coordinator, Racine County Workforce Solutions

The registration deadline is March 5. For more information or to request special accommodations, contact Extension Racine County at 262-767-2929 or

Child Support FAQ Agenda Mar 11

To register for Child Support & Family Court go to: