Child Support & Family Court FAQ

Child Support & Family Court panel

Child Support & Family Court panel

Professionals and volunteers often hear from families that Child Support and Family Court are confusing and frustrating. As a result, the Greater Racine Collaborative for Healthy Birth Outcomes and the Racine County Touchpoints Project/UW-Extension convened a panel on child support in Racine County to help dispel some of the common misperceptions.

The Child Support and Family Court FAQ session is scheduled for Wednesday, February 21, 2018.

The FAQ is designed for professionals and volunteers who work with families and will answer questions such as:

  • What exactly is the difference between custody and placement in Wisconsin?
  • If two unmarried people have a baby, do they have to go to court to get paternity and child support established?
  • What if a mother won’t let the father see his child – does this end his obligation to pay child support?
  • When a parent re-marries does his/her new spouse’s income get included for calculating child support?
  • What is the best way to get accurate information about child support and family court?

Participants will walk through three Child Support scenarios: paternity support establishment, child support enforcement, and child support custody and placement modification.  After the scenarios a Child Support and Family Court panel will offer top tips and answer questions:

  • Jeff Leggett, Director, Racine County Office of Child Support Services
  • Julie Busch, Paternity Team Supervisor, Racine County Office of Child Support Enforcement
  • Anisa Dunn, Racine County Family Court Commissioner
  • Antwain Mcintosh, Children First Case Manager, Racine County Workforce Development Center
  • Sue Kaufman, Child Care Coordinator/Outreach Liaison, Racine County Human Services

Participants will also help develop strategies for how the information can be shared with parents and other who are impacted by child support.

Child Support FAQ Agenda Feb 21 2018
Child Support & Family Court FAQ – REGISTRATION LINK:

For more information or to request accommodations, contact Racine County UW-Extension at or 262-767-2929.